PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE (PDC)
Professional Development Course (PDC), is a need assessed and tailor-made training program which trains College Managers / Teachers of AJ&K Higher Education Department, Research Officers and Protocol Officers of different departments of AJ&K. It is designed for capacity building & inculcation of skills of the target group. Training tools like Lecture Discussions, Syndicate Work, Workshops, Case Studies and Assignments focus on the main thrust of the course.
AIM OF PDC:
The aim of Professional Development Course is:
- To give the participants orientation about educational values, traditions, patterns and processes involved in professional life.
- To develop participants’ knowledge, skills, professional capacity and potential so as to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- To sensitize the participants in public interest and groom them for better overall performance.
SCOPE OF PDC:
- To create an understanding about the need for inter-departmental linkages and coordination for improving efficiency.
- To enhance knowledge of governments administrative structure, system, rules and regulations.
- To assist in personality development and enhance communication, interpersonal skills so as to improve effectiveness.
- To equip with the ICT skills required for effective working.
TRAINING MODULES AND CONDUCT:
- The curriculum of the Course comprises Five Modules spread over two to three weeks. The detail is as under:
Module – 1 ICT Skills
Module – 2 Communication Skills & Teaching Methodology
Module – 3 Professional and Social Etiquettes
Module – 4 Financial Management Skills and Their Application
Module – 5 Government Procedures & Management in Education Department
- Sessions will generally be held in the Shahzad Arbab Hall, IT Lab and Conference Room. Guest speakers and instructors, who are expert in their own field, would deliver lectures on given topics, followed by Question & Answer Sessions where participants have the opportunity to clarify and raise issues relevant to the subject.