OFFICE MANAGEMENT COURSE (OMC)
Office Management Course, previously called Junior Staff Course (JSC) which trains BS 11-16 Officials/Officers, is designed for capacity building & inculcation of skills. Training tools like Lecture Discussions, Panel Discussions, Syndicate Work, Workshops, Field Visits and Book Review focus on the main thrust of the course.
AIM OF OMC:
The aim of Office Management Course is:
- To develop participants’ knowledge, skills, and potential so as to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- To sensitize the participants in public interest and groom them for better overall performance.
SCOPE OF OMC:
- To create an understanding about the need for inter-departmental linkages and coordination for improving efficiency.
- To enhance knowledge of the Rules of Business and the government’s administrative structures.
- To assist in personality development and enhance communication, interpersonal skills so as to improve effectiveness.
- To equip with the skills required for effective working.
TRAINING MODULES AND CONDUCT:
- Curriculum of the Course comprises five modules spread over three terms. The detail is as under:
Module – 1 Personnel Management
Module – 2 Financial Management
Module – 3 Rules of Business, 1985
Module – 4 Secretariat Instructions, 1979
Module – 5 Computer Literacy
- Each module is sponsored by a faculty member, who organizes and conducts it in accordance with the curriculum under overall guidance of the Director General KIM.