SENIOR MANAGEMENT COURSE
As per new promotion policy of the Government of AJ&K, this is a compulsory training course for the BPS-20 officers of the Govt. departments to be eligible for consideration for elevation as secretary to the Government. At present, it has also been declared mandatory by change in the rules for promotion to BPS-20, for the officers of Management Group, Secretariat Group and Police Department of the Govt. of AJ&K, SMC by design should have weightage in the career path of the officers.
The course has been designed to train potential B-20 officers to improve their
Essentially the focus of the course is on the following:
- Improve / enhance KSAA i.e. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes of the participants so as to enable them to plan, implement and supervise Public Sector programs and Projects effectively and efficiently.
- Sensitize them in the public interest and groom and retain public trust through improved efficiently and service delivery.
- It is all about self-learning, self-management and self-discovery.
The aim of Senior Management Course is:-
- To build professional capacity of the participants to undertake multilevel assignments with a view to improve governance and service delivery within AJ&K in particular and Pakistan in general.
- To enhance knowledge; improve the attitudes, skills and leadership ability.
- To understand public policy implementation.
- Familiarize participants with the national environment so as to understand the interplay of external and internal dynamics and their influence on governance in Pakistan.
- Develop participants’ understanding of the diversity in Pakistani society (socio-cultural values, beliefs and attitudes) and its relevance to policy implementation and governance.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of governance and administrative structures of Pakistan along with relevant policy processes and implementation strategies.
- Enable participants to apply concepts and techniques of management, operational and technical implementation in the Pakistani environment.
- Enhance participant’s comprehension about economic policies at the micro level and familiarize them with macroeconomics factors that influence economic management and its future trends.
- Equip participants with research and analytical skills for enhanced performance on the job.
- Through study tours, expose participants to issues and practical problems of the Pakistani society and state alongside impact of various policies and management practices on the people of Pakistan.
- Facilitate participants’ good health and introduce variety in their course routine through co-curricular activities.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES OF SMC:
For better Public Service delivery, Participants should acquire following four core capabilities:
- Strategizing Policy implementation.
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of data / information.
- Manage all resources (tangible & intangible including knowledge)
- Team work.
TRAINING MODULES AND CONDUCT:
- The curriculum of the Course comprises seven study modules spread over 3 terms as under:
Module – 1 National Environment: Issues of Internal and External Dynamics
Module – 2 Diversity of Pakistani State & Society: It’s Impact on Administration and Service Delivery
Module – 3 Economics and Financial Management at Operational Level
Module – 4 Issues of Operational Effectiveness within Governance Framework
Module – 5 Research Methodology and its Application
Module – 6 Study Tours: Field Research
Module – 7 Information Technology Programme
- b) Each module is sponsored by a faculty member, who is responsible for organizing and conducting it in accordance with the curriculum under the overall supervision of NSPP.
- c) Sessions are generally held centrally in the Shahzad Arbab Hall. Scholars and eminent speakers, who are experts in their specific fields, are invited to deliver talks on given topics, which are followed by Q&A sessions where participants have the opportunity to clarify and raise issues of relevance to public policy formulation and implementation.